03 July 2010

The Last Airbender

I say The Last Airbender today and I have to say, people are being pretty harsh. No one is taking into consideration that they had to condense at least a good twenty to thirty hours of a whole season of a televison series into two to two and a half hours of show. I think it was a decent movie. I believe it deserved a better rating that what I have heard it has recieved. Sure it was rushed and the humor was played down a bit by the characters and they may have changed things up a little bit, but it was MUCH, much better than Eragon had been. Now that is a movie that disappointed me. You don't want to get me started on it, either; none of my friends intentionally start my rant on that movie, nor the 4th Harry Potter movies, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

On another note, I got a new book today called McKettricks of Texas: Tate by Linda Lael Miller. It is good so far and I recommend it to ANYONE (who is over age 15 or sixteen). I am not sure about the content, persay, because I am only about 99 pages into the book, but I say it is good. I got it at the exchange and am quite glad I chose this one over One Night by Debbie Malcomer (I think that is her last name...). I still plan on reading that one when I eventually buy it. It it took me forever to choose. I chose this one because only one copy was left in the store and there was more than enough copies of One Night. I plan on getting the last two books. Kyaa! I am so excited for the seventh, too, and not just because of my braces. I have to recheck, but I believe that The Brazen Bride by Stephanie Laurens comes out that day! Kyaa, kyaa, kyaa.

Also, on a side note, you all HAVE to read this guy's poetry. He is one of my best friends and he is amazing (in my opinion). I had no idea he could write like this! He is surely talented. Please read his poetry!

www.teenink.com/users/brandon3607